(Scroll to the Bottom of the page for a collection of free online yoga classes)
- National Center on Domestic Violence, Trauma, & Mental Health
Substance Use, Trauma, and Domestic Violence: Critical Issues, Promising Approaches: This webinar will highlight strategies for addressing the multiple factors that contribute to substance use in the context of domestic violence; promising approaches to the opioid epidemic by rural domestic violence programs; and an evidence-based intervention to increase safety for people dealing with substance use and trauma.
- Intergenerational Family Support Through Child-Parent Psychotherapy: This webinar will highlight Child-Parent Psychotherapy, a trauma-informed, trauma-specific, evidence-based, intergenerational intervention for children 0-5.
- “Trauma-Informed Approaches for LGBTQ* Survivors of Intimate Partner Violence: A Review of Literature and a Set of Practice Observations” by E. C. Miller, L.A. Goodman, K.A. Thomas, A. Peterson, J.R. Scheer, J.M. Woulfe, and C. Warshaw
- “The Mental Health Factor in DV Custody Cases: Results from a Brief Survey of Lawyers Who Represent DV Survivors” by Rachel White-Domain, JD & Heather Phillips, MA
- “Critical Components of Including Domestic Violence Safety & Response in Mental Health Reform” by the National Center on Domestic Violence, Trauma, and Mental Health
- Questions & Answers for Immigrant and Refugee Women
– In Arabic
– In Chinese
– In Russian
- Power and Control in Domestic Violence – Immigrant Victim/Survivors
- No Mas study: Domestic Violence and the Latin population
- Insight Timer: This app provides guided meditation experiences for various concerns.
- Calm: This app utilizes guided meditations, calming stories (some read by celebrities), body mindfulness activities, kids’ activities, calming music, scenery, and much more!
- Virtual Hope Box: This app can be used independently or as a companion to formal therapy. It includes coping skills, a journal section, meditations, and even games to shift focus away from anxieties. It is available for Apple products here and for Android/Google products here.
- Tim JP Collins, The Anxiety Podcast: A fun and engaging podcast that provides helpful tips for navigating all your emotional needs.
- Reiki by Alyssa: Local spiritual healer, Alyssa George, provides weekly guided meditations for everyone! Physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually heal and change your life for good!
- Community Volunteers in Medicine: Community Volunteers in Medicine provides free coordinated healthcare to low-income individuals and families who have no other place to turn for care in the Chester County region.
- LCH – La Comunidad Hispana: LCH is a diverse, dynamic care team that is dedicated to helping adults, teens, and children to be healthy and stay healthy.
- Paws for Courage: Paws For Courage is a non profit whose mission is to provide temporary safe havens for the pets of those living in the darkness of domestic violence enabling them to leave their abusers sooner.
- Wings For Success: providing apparel, advice and advocacy to women in our community since 1997. Their trained volunteer stylists will help you put together appropriate outfits for an interview or for other employment needs. Dressing appropriately for your job interview or new job can give you the confidence you need to succeed.
- The Chester County Farm Guide: a document outlining the fresh food availability and efforts across Chester County (includes a map of every location to find fresh, local produce).
- Disarm Domestic Violence – an interactive website that compares laws between states, presents statistics about gun violence, and provides information on the processes of firearm removal in cases of domestic violence